SATURDAY 11 JULY 2015 9:00AM - 4:30PM ALLPRESS STUDIO - 80 RUPERT STREET, COLLINGWOOD [MELBOURNE]
Join us for a whole day of learning, making and creating focused around the highly versatile medium - paper. We will take you on a wildly creative journey exploring different techniques which will get your passion for paper re-ignited.
If you haven't come across Pete Cromer and his infamous 'druids' before, then you're in for a treat. One half of Enemies Yay duo (the other half being Laura Blythman), Pete creates magical artwork using a range of techniques including collage, stencilling, doodling and painting. Pete will take you on your own adventure of paperlicious magic and show you how to incorporate his techniques into everyday creations.
Paula Mills of Sweet William is our Queen of colours, best known for her whimsical illustrations coupled with breath-taking watercolour backgrounds. Paula's identifiable and bold use of colour palettes is one which makes her work standout. We've been following Paula's work for a few years and we're darn excited to share some of her incredible skills with you. Paula will be throwing down the basics of watercolours, different techniques and how to incorporate them into your paper projects.
Kate Pullen of Kate Pullen Draws takes our breath away with her graphic hand lettering and illustration skills. An emerging illustrator, Kate takes inspiration from pop culture and will have you trying your hand at some basic hand-lettering incorporating a variety of styles and forms. Kate will guide your digits to penned perfection, as you work toward creating the perfect, hand-lettered gift card for the next big occasion on your calendar.
• A full day of creative brilliance and inspiration
• Three creative mentors, all of whom have different skills to teach and show you using a variety of supplies and techniques.
• All the supplies and tools you’ll need will be available for you to use on the day. Just turn up and play!
• Take home finished projects
• Learn a wealth of new skills and techniques
• Meet plenty of lovely like-minded folks
• We’ll even feed you! Did someone say sweet treats and coffee? (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided)
•You craft, we'll take care of the mess, and the rest
• And just to sweeten the deal, each attendee will receive a goodie bag full of products from local small businesses to take home at the end of the day
Thanks to our event partners