You’ve been collecting those iron-on embroidered patches that seem to be such a massive trend item right now and you’re starting to wonder what on earth you’re going to do with them all. I have a small collection going myself (it’s for the kids, I swear) and so I started thinking about fun ways of displaying and using them.
So I’ve wrapped up a sweet little compilation of 7 creative ideas to show off your patches and get them on display.
1. mend ripped jeans – OK, so I know that torn jeans are “in”, but if the holes are in odd spots or getting too big, you could attach a few in the immediate vicinity. Hey presto, cool again.
2. jacket – probably the most obvious and recognisable item of clothing embellished with patches – but the options are endless really. And then your boring 90’s Levi’s jacket can have a new lease on life.
3. cushion – make your couch or armchair sing with a cushion covered in your favourite embroidered bling
4. blanket – kind of like the scouts camp blankets, but much less nerdy, you can just add a few to one corner of your blanket for just the right amount of cozy dazzle dazzle. Admittedly I had a lot of trouble sourcing an image that was not Scouts-related. So obviously it hasn’t been done yet. Or no one has bothered to photograph their own non-Scouts / Girl Guides/ Brownies blanket creation.
5. bag – a couple, a few, maybe some more. Grab a plain old bag and turn it into something fun with the addition of some of your sweetest patches.
6. jumper / sweater / pullover – turn a boring jumper into something you’ll be proud to wear
7. shoes – get out your converse or canvas shoes and slap those patches on.
And as an added bonus, I’ve found some fun / interesting / different patches online in case you’re looking to start or add to your collection…
Image credits: For links to the images featured in the above examples, you can find them all on my Pinterest board